Ask any of our team here at Donate a Car Canada: we have the best job in the country! For some companies, giving takes the shape of beautiful volunteerism and hearty donations. Invaluable! “Corporate giving,” for us, is giving of self and time and heart.
Corporate giving and Canadian charities
Working for a small company that’s making a big difference is a great reason to jump online every day. 364 days of the year, day or night, we’re here to help you help the cause you love.
And we’re not the only company that puts heart right out front for our generous country! Airlines, banks, clothing chains, and grocery stores — so many of our industry leaders make a habit of adding value to the lives of Canadian citizens through corporate giving.
Some corporate giving numbers
Imagine Canada’s website (Research About Corporate Giving, Key Findings) gives a bit of perspective on how some companies approach giving within their own frameworks:
- 50% of all businesses agree: businesses and nonprofits mutually benefit from a collaborative relationship in their communities.
- Retail trade companies are the most likely to donate good or products (77%).
- 97% of large businesses support the community through cash donations, compared to only 76% of all businesses.
- Social service and health (excluding hospital) organizations are the most likely to receive funding. In Canada, 66% of all businesses support these types of organizations.
- Large corporations are more likely than the rest of the business community to do sponsorship and cause marketing. This comes to 63% of large businesses vs. 17% of all businesses.
- Real estate and leasing companies are the most likely to make sponsorships to charities and non-profit organizations (21%).
- Wholesale trade companies are the most likely to purchase from charities and non-profit organizations (19%)
- 82% of all businesses agree that it’s very or somewhat important to contribute to the community. Why? Because they feel it’s a good thing to do, irrespective of the financial returns to the company. (source: Business Contributions to Community (BCTC), Imagine Canada. 2007)
The cause you care about may be directly impacted by the places that you do business on a regular basis, and your own extension of generosity can show up in unexpected ways.
Westjet Exemplifies Corporate Giving
You may have seen some of Westjet’s heartwarming Christmas commercials over the years. Did you know they make a practice of supporting Boys and Girls Club of Canada and the Make-a-Wish Foundation? Take a look at one of the companies that does it with creative joy…
How can my corporation help?
One of the generosities we see here at Donate a Car Canada is the gift of fleet vehicles. There are Canadian companies that donate their retired fleets. For some, that’s one car. For others, we process many vans and trucks at a time. This is just one more way that your business might wish to engage in this kind of Goodness!
The process is quick, easy, and efficient. Your vehicles will be picked up at no cost to you. Furthermore, you will receive a tax receipt for each individual car, van, truck, or SUV! And not only that, you can choose where your fleet donations land! All proceeds can go to one charity, or you can choose a different cause for every car!’
Whatever your corporate giving choice, we are here to take care of all of the details. Click the button below to get things rolling. Or, if you have several units to donate at one time, give us a call (1-877-250-4904). We’re happy to take your information over the phone and take care of that side of things, too!