The Canadian Transplant Society in on a mission! They are informing us. Moreover, they are building organ donation registries across Canada. Learn how we can help in that work!
CTS in your province
The Canadian Transplant Society is working across Canada to:
- Increase awareness for organ donation.
- Encourage Canadians to register to be an organ donor and save lives.
- Eliminate the organ donor wait list for transplants in Canada.
- Build on organ donation registries across Canada.
- Make lifesaving organ transplant units available to all provinces.
- Supply any other needed equipment or service that benefits organ donation
Your province has a local work to help you register for organ donation:
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
What this means for you and I
- Every year, many people die while waiting for an organ donation.
- Did you know that 1,600 Canadians are added to organ wait lists yearly?
- Not only that, 90% of Canadians are in favor of organ and tissue donation, but less than 20% have made plans to donate.
- One donor can help more than 75 people and save up to 8 lives.
Signing our donor card is an emotional, and personal, decision. The Canadian Transplant Society understands. They offer compassion and clarity in making an informed choice. Find them on YouTube to hear personal stories. Your donation will help real people at a critical time.
Other ways to help
Donate a Car Canada has been a partner to the Canadian Transplant Society since 2012! For many, a cash gift makes more sense than organ or tissue donation. If you have an unused or unwanted car or truck to donate, click the button below. Your running, or recycle-ready, truck, car, boat, or motorcycle will become that gift!
We will arrange for your free tow; you will receive a tax receipt from the CTS. Furthermore, the CTS bears no costs for this partnership! And your recycled or re-sold vehicle will be a cash-in-hand donation for them!
We are here to help!