So you’re interested in donating a used car to a good cause but aren’t exactly sure how it all works? At Donate A Car Canada, we take an active role in ensuring your vehicle is donated safely and securely, using reputable agents and companies across the nation.
Three easy steps to donate your used car.
1) Submit your vehicle online at donatecar.ca, or by phone at 1-877-250-4904.
2) We pick up your vehicle free of charge.
3) The Charity sends you a tax deductible receipt. %
We strive to make the process as easy as possible for both you and your charity. Once a vehicle is donated we assign it to an auction or recycling agent. When the vehicle sells, the funds come to us and we forward the money to the charity you have chosen. The charity will then send you a tax receipt for your valuable donation!
There are a few simple steps to take once you have decided to donate your used car through our program.
Before you begin you will need:
- Vehicle information – year/make/model.
- 17 digit serial number.
- Odometer reading.
Proceed to the DONATE NOW tab to fill in your information. First, you will be asked a few questions to ensure your used car qualifies.
- Are you the registered vehicle owner?
- Where is your vehicle located?
- Is your vehicle drivable?
- Would you like us to pick up your used car, or will you be dropping it off?
These questions will help in guiding your donated car through the correct channels of processing. They will help us determine if your vehicle is suitable for recycling or auction. Once completed, you will be prompted to enter your vehicle information along with a few other details such as:
- Mailing address (for tax receipting purposes), and contact information.
- Vehicle information (Year, Make, Model, VIN, Odometer reading)
- Condition of vehicle – Any information pertaining to the condition of your used car is very helpful in choosing the best processing method to maximize your donation amount. For Example: Does it have a flat tire, has it been in an accident, is the engine seized? You can also note your preference to have the vehicle recycled or auctioned.
Once you submit your information, our website will show you a review of all the information you entered, and ask you to agree to the terms on that page. Once you have read the terms, click on the box at the bottom of the page, and click submit. You’re vehicle will now be entered into our system for processing.
You will instantly receive an automated email advising of your successful submission. If you do not see the email, be sure to check your junk folder. It is common for emails from an automated server to land in there by mistake.
At this point, we begin working on processing your vehicle. We will contact the appropriate agent in your area, and will be in contact with you via email within 24 hours.
If you are now ready to donate your used car, please Click here to proceed. Thank you in advance for your consideration and generosity!