Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What can I donate? A: We accept most vehicles including but not limited to cars, trucks, vans, SUV's, trailers, RV's and boats. There are a few conditions that must be met in order for your vehicle to qualify.
- Donation must be made by the registered owner, or their legal representative.
- Vehicle must be registered in Canada.
- Vehicle must be in 'complete' state with no major parts missing.
- Special conditions will apply to boats, trailers, and RVs
- We cannot accept vehicles with insurance claims against them.
- We cannot accept vehicles with liens or encumbrances on them.
- We are able to accept vehicles with body damage.
- In most cases RVs are required to be dropped off, however they will be handled on an individual basis.
Back to Top
2. How do I donate my vehicle? A: To donate your vehicle, follow the steps below.
- From the home page, select the tab 'Donate'. Here you will be asked to answer a few simple questions to qualify your vehicle.
- Fill out the donation form with your vehicle and contact information.
- Review the details you have entered, agree to the terms and conditions, and submit your vehicle for donation.
- Further instructions will be provided for either drop off or towing.
- Check your email for our confirmation email. If you do not see the confirmation message immediately, please check your junk mail folder.
- For more detailed information on this topic, please click on the link more info
Back to Top
3. How much will my tax receipt be? A: There are many factors that go into determining this amount. For more detailed information, please click on this link - more info.
4. My car hasn't run in years. Can I still donate it? A: Yes, we can accept non-running vehicles.
5. What if my vehicle is not registered? A: Legal proof of ownership is required. Current or expired registration, a Bill of Sale, or a 'proof of last vehicle registration' letter from your local registry is acceptable.
6. What if I do not have insurance? A: If your vehicle is being recycled, you no longer require insurance on the vehicle once it has been picked up by our towing agent. If your vehicle is going to auction, we suggest that you keep insurance on your vehicle until the vehicle has sold. We will notify you by email when your vehicle has been sold.
7. When will you pick-up my car? A: You will be contacted by our towing agent within 48 hours. At that time, you can arrange the most convenient time for pick-up of your vehicle.
Back to Top
8.Can you pick up my car from any location? A: We service several areas across Canada and are continually adding new locations. If we do not currently service your area, we will attempt to find an agent to pick-up your vehicle upon receiving your online submission.
9. Do I have to pay for my vehicle to be towed? A: You do not have to pay for your vehicle to be towed. If the vehicle is recycled, the towing cost is included. If your vehicle is sent to the auction, the towing cost is deducted from the sale price of your vehicle.
10. Can I drop off my vehicle? A: Dropping off your vehicle at our selling agent is beneficial for the charity because it eliminates the towing cost from the donation. Drop off instructions will be provided once your online form is complete.
11. Is my donation tax deductible? A: Yes, you will receive a tax deductible receipt directly from the charity.
12. When will I receive my tax receipt? A: After the sale of your vehicle and our accounting process is complete, we will send you an email confirming your donation has been sent to the charity. You should then receive your tax receipt from the charity within approximately 6 weeks.
13. The submission form will not accept my serial number? A: If you have a vehicle manufactured prior to 1980, or if you are donating a boat, motorcycle, trailer, or another type of vehicle that does not meet this requirement, please add zeros to the end of your serial number to total 17 digits.
14. How do I donate my boat? A: In most cases, your boat will need to be dropped off at our nearest sales agent and some unique procedures will apply. We will work closely with you and our auction agents to determine the best process. For problems relating to entering the boats serial number, please see faq #14.
15. My loved one has passed. Can I donate their vehicle? A: Yes. Please fill in our online submission form and we we work through the process with you.