So you’re interested in donating a used car to a good cause but aren’t exactly sure how it all works? At Donate A Car Canada, we take an active role in ensuring your vehicle is donated safely and securely. We work with reputable agents and companies across the country.
Donate a used car in 3 easy steps
1) Submit your vehicle online at www.donatecar.ca, or by phone at 1-877-250-4904.
2) We pick up your vehicle free of charge.
3) You receive a tax deductible receipt.
We strive to make the process as easy as possible for both you and your charity. Once a vehicle is donated we assign it to an auction or recycling agent. Once the vehicle is sold or recycled, the funds come to us and we forward the money to the charity you have chosen. You will then receive a tax-deductible receipt from our partnered charity, CanadaHelps, for your valuable donation!
Ready to begin? Here is what you will need:
- Vehicle information – year/make/model.
- 17 digit serial number.
- Odometer reading.
Proceed to the DONATE NOW tab to fill in your information. First, you will be asked a few preliminary questions:
- Are you the registered vehicle owner?
- Where is your vehicle located?
- Is your vehicle drivable?
These questions will help in guiding your donated car through the correct channels of processing.
Once the preliminaries are out of the way, you will be prompted to enter your vehicle information along with a few other details such as:
- Mailing address (for tax receipting purposes), and contact information.
- Vehicle information (Year, Make, Model, VIN, Odometer reading)
- Condition of vehicle – Any information pertaining to the condition of your used car is very helpful in choosing the best processing method to maximize your donation amount. For Example: Does it have a flat tire, has it been in an accident, is the engine seized? You can also note your preference to have the vehicle recycled or auctioned.
From there, you will be able to enter any necessary towing information. You can also provide a separate pick up address if the vehicle is not parked at your mailing address.
Your charity of choice
The final question on our donation form allows you to choose your charity of choice. We have a number of charities available for you to select from, but you can donate to any charity in Canada. You will find an option to type in the name of the charity you would like to gift if you do not see your charity in our drop down list.
Once you submit your information, our website will show you a review of all the information you entered, and ask you to agree to the terms on that page. Once you have read the terms, click on the box at the bottom of the page, and click submit. You’re vehicle will now be entered into our system for processing.
You will instantly receive an automated email advising of your successful submission. If you do not see the email, be sure to check your junk folder. It is common for emails from an automated server to land in there by mistake.
At this point, we begin working on processing your vehicle. We will contact the appropriate agent in your area, and will be in contact with you via email within 24 hours.
We hope that this has helped to explain our process. If you have any further questions please review our FAQs. You can always reach us through our Contact Us page, and our phone line is live weekdays from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (MST).
If you are now ready to donate your used car, please Click here to proceed. Thank you in advance for your consideration and generosity!